Sunday, November 28, 2010

Atlas.

"I'm back," I said. "Where'd you go?" was the exact question that I needed to hear. Sometimes, we seem like we have been running down a path, claiming to be someone we aren't.. Maybe that's true. Maybe that isn't the person we are, but it is the person we have become. The thing is though... we are still in the same skin. We still have the same insides, the same mind. Where do we go when we get "lost?" Is there a such thing, if you have been found by Christ? No, there isn't. You can't lose yourself when you are in Christ. You can wander off the path, but that doesn't mean you're lost. That just means that you haven't opened and admitted to God where you are... He knows where you are. Before you breathed your first breath, Jesus knew that you would end up here one day. Somewhere, this fits into His plan. Most likely, to make you stronger. Life is like a map, so many people say this. But to me it's more like an atlas. Yes, maps make up atlas'... but saying life is just a map is limiting it to something much smaller than it is. There is a place I am supposed to go, already laid out. I just have to pick which one I choose, which map I decide to follow. Like in an atlas. Maps are usually a general area, and you have all different ways to take. Usually, you can find your way back on a map. But atlas', those are a different story. If you're not lucky, you can end up in a totally different country. It doesn't mean you're lost. It just means you're in the wrong place. How do you get back to the right place? Flip the page. How do you flip the page? Look to the one who gave you the hands to do it - Jesus. I don't know where I am going... the fear of the unknown scares me more than anything I've ever had to face in my life. But if what I am going through right now will make me a stronger person, for whatever purpose God has for me... I will face the unknown. I will not only face it, I will conquer it. The hardest thing for me to let go of is what used to be. I love parts of my past. I love people in my past. But the thing I have learned, is they may be in your future. Even if they aren't, at least you played a part in their past and they played a part in yours. Who knows what God wants, and we sure are not allowed to have a say in it. I don't want a say in it... I've done a pretty bad job lately at picking out what map to choose in my atlas. There are so many roads to take, and I hope that certain people will end up at the end of those roads.. but if they don't, at least I will end up in Jesus' arm. I'm tired of trying to figure out my book of maps. I'm tired of searching and begging. The answer has been in front of my face the entire time... I just had to get to the right country. I hope the person I love ends up in my country. I hope my best friend at heart ends up there too. I hope some families end up there. I hope. Sometimes, that's all you have. It is okay to hope, I feel. I may be wrong. But sometimes, hope is all you have. Sometimes, you have to open your atlas... and hope you land in the right country, speaking the right language, and hoping for the right things. If not, let God flip your page.

No comments:

Post a Comment