Tuesday, November 16, 2010

2,880 seconds to go.

You only have two days left on this earth. You have a total of 48 hours to do everything you wanted to do. 2,880 seconds to say what you have always wanted to say. What moves would you make? Oh, you're asking what moves would I make? I'd make every move I've always wanted to make. I would swing as high as I could, and jump out of the swing. I would put really red lipstick on and go kiss as many car windows as I could find. I'd go out into the middle of a field and scream as loud as I wanted to. My car speedometer would hit at least 125 MPH, on a back road in Darlington. I'd get married, to the person I was in love with. I would then ... you know the rest. I'd tell every person I saw, about Christ. I'd text all of my friends, and tell them how much they meant to me. My ipod would play for 48 hours, because I would have to listen to all of my favorite songs. I would hop on a train and see how far I got. I would ask a cop if I could ride in the back of his car, and actually do it. I would skinny dip in a lake, when no one was around but me. I would read my favorite passages in the Bible. I'd tell every person who hurt me, how they hurt me, and why. I would tell every person that shaped me, how they did and why. I would write a letter to Audrey Hepburn. Breakfast at Tiffany's would be a movie that I watched. I bet I would buy a reallyyyy expensive pair of shoes by Steve Madden. Then I would write Steve Madden a letter about how much he inspired me. I would leave all of my money to the first homeless person I saw. I would wish upon a star. I would laugh until I cried. I would choke because I was laughing so hard. I would put on my ballet pointe shoes again, and dance around until I fell on the ground. I would praise God with everything in me. I would lay on the ground in praise of the life He let me live. There are so many things that I would do just to feel joy on my last day. Have you ever thought about that? When your last day will be? What will it consist of? What if you knew how long you would have? What if you lived it to the fullest of your ability? Think about it. Everyday is a day to make this happen. Everyday is the day to enjoy to the hilt. Everyday is the day to find the slightest bit of happiness. No one can choose your thoughts, your actions, or your joy, but you. You choose what you think, do, and get joy out of. You choose your own happiness. I believe that if the world got a grasp of the meaning of this, so much could be done. Next time you begin to think about something bad, just think about if it happened on the last day of your life. Would it matter? Would you let that be the last thing you remember as you exit this earth? Wouldn't you rather think about all the good times? Wouldn't you rather just participate in the good times? I'm not saying life is always going to be  grand, because that would be a lie. BUT, life is always what you make it. Humans can choose to dwell on something, or choose to change their wants. If you made a list like this, and actuallly fulfilled everything on this list, wouldn't you have had some joy? Ask yourself... what would you do on your last day? Who would you spend your last breath on this earth with? Where would you run wild, or where would you cage yourself in? When you have these answers, change things in your life to show them. Change things in your life like your eternity depends on it. Change it like you have 2,880 seconds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment