Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's about learning.

At the beginning of this summer, I asked myself a question... What are you gonna learn? Now at the end of the summer, I can finally answer it. I have learned who God is. I have learned that I am way to easy to read, and that life with a little mystery is good. I've learned that i must not say everything I feel. I've learned that it is okay to feel. I've learned that people don't always want to hear about you, actually they never do. I've learned that the only truth you can trust are your own words and God's. I've learned that the people you thought would be there, wouldn't be. You shouldn't say everything you feel. You shouldn't believe everything you see. I've learned that everything happens, not for a reason, but for a lesson. I've learned that boys are stupid, but girls are stupider. People will have an opinion of you, and no matter what you say, you can't change that. But if you believe in who you are, you will know that it's not true and begin to show the world. I've learned that summer isn't just about tanning and the beach, it's about devotion and finding yourself. Hearts break. It's okay to admit that. I've learned that you truly do learn from your parents. I've learned that the happiest times, are when you are happy with yourself. I've learned that the true best friends are there, even when they aren't. I've learned that you should never give up your passion and trade it in. You should never give up your body, girls, to anyone other than your husband. Any part of it. Because when he's gone, he'll have that part. And God deserves your all. I've learned that God doesn't want you to give up your dreams, he just wants to change them to bigger ones. I've learned that the dreams you have, can't be as beautiful as the ones God does. This summer has shown that the best things come out of heartbreak. Because when you lose yourself, is when you gain the world. Especially when you lose yourself by giving it up to God. I've learned that mistakes are made and smiles fade. Pain may be in the night, but joy comes in the morning. I've learned that people are beautiful, inside and out. This summer has grown me up more than any other summer before. This summer has been amazing. So ask yourself, "What are you gonna learn?"

No comments:

Post a Comment