Monday, August 2, 2010

So I beat you. I'm five. You're old. Gonna cry?

This past Sunday, a little kid at my church gave me the best advice I've ever heard... "Don't give up. So I beat you. I'm five. You're old. You gonna cry?"

I started thinking about this. How often do we see people give up? Every day. Every single day, someone takes the easy way out. Why is it that this little kid, at five years old, understand what so many people can't see? Humans give up way to easily. They see something they want, they go for it. If it isn't what they expected it to be, they move on to the next thing. I believe that when you don't give up on something, you truly see the potential of it. There are so many things in my life that I could have given up on. My faith. I could continue to seek my own plans, or trust in God & fight my old ways. My friends. Love. Happiness. When I was 15, I started running for a hobby. The first day I got out there, it took me 30 minutes to run a mile. Today, it takes me 30 minutes to run 2.5 miles. I didn't give up. Fear is such a funny thing. It's a four letter word, but yet it is the only thing that keeps us from living. People don't follow God, because the fear of losing yourself and having someone else plan you're life. People don't fall head over heels for someone, because they are scared the other person won't fall either. People are scared of change, because they are so comfortable with their own lives. Fear keeps us from truly living. I'm at this point in my life, where I can fight for who I want to be and the people I want to be around me. If my fear of getting hurt, losing myself for God, or changing were to keep me from that, I would regret it for the rest of my life. I've never been scared, and you shouldn't be either. It's during the free falls of life that people feel the wind. Right now, I'm free falling and when I hit the bottom, I'm not scared. I've got a parachute, his name is God. Am I going to cry about all of the things I'm scared of in life? Or am I going let my fears push me out into the unknown, and not give up? I won't give up. Because Christ didn't die on the cross, for you to give up your fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment